Canadians for Equitable Access to Depression Medication wants all Canadians to have access to all depression medications.
Members of the coalition from across Canada include mental health professionals, doctors, academics and people with lived experience.
National Leadership Team:
Other coalition members include:
- Centre for Addictions and Mental Health (CAMH)
- The Royal Ottawa Mental Health Care – Care and Research (The Royal)
- Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care (Waypoint)
- University of Ottawa Brain and Mind Research Institute (uOBMRI)
- Dave Grauwiler is Executive Director, Alberta division of the Canadian Mental Health Association. In this role, he acts as a catalyst for connection between CMHA, the provincial government, non-government organizations and agencies.
- Camille Quenneville is Chief Executive Officer of the Ontario division of the Canadian Mental Health Association. She has held leadership positions in the educational, governmental and children’s mental health sectors.
- Dr. Sid Kennedy is with the University Health Network – Toronto Western Hospital and a professor of psychiatry at the University of Toronto. He is the lead investigator for a multi-centre depression biomarker initiative collectively known as the Canadian Biomarker Integration Network for Depression.
- Dr. Pratap Chokka is a clinical professor in the department of psychiatry at the University of Alberta and founder of the Chokka Center for Integrative Health, which places value on an innovative and integrative approach to achieving health.
- Bill Gaudette, a psychologist, lawyer and educator, is a former president of the board of directors of the Canadian Mental Health Association and former vice-chair of the Alberta government’s Provincial Mental Health Board.
- Jean-François Claude has turned personal adversity into public advocacy for men’s mental health through The Men’s D.E.N. He regularly shares his lived experience of mental health recovery as a bilingual keynote speaker and panelist, and is a recipient of The Royal Ottawa’s Inspiration Award.